G8 - Work benefits

Session 3

Objectives :

  • Identify work benefits 
  • Discuss job preferences 
Activities :

  1. Explore the work benefits or perks
  2. Conversation practice 
  3. Identify some of the most important benefits in the job

Final task :

At a job interview, ask about the work benefits in a position that you are applying for. 

---------------------------------------

1) Brainstorming and vocabulary introduction 




2) Conversation Between Two Friends About the Job of a tour guide.

Alice: Hey, Mark! I’ve been thinking about becoming a tour guide. It seems like such an exciting job!

Mark: That sounds interesting! What do you find appealing about it?

Alice: Well, I love history and meeting new people. As a tour guide, I could share fascinating stories about the places I visit.

Mark: That’s true! You’d get to explore different locations and learn more about their significance. But isn’t it challenging to keep everyone engaged?

Alice: Definitely! A good tour guide needs to be charismatic and knowledgeable. They have to adapt their style based on the audience too.

Mark: Right! And what about the logistics? Organizing tours must require a lot of planning.

Alice: Yes, it does. You need to know the best routes, manage time effectively, and ensure everyone’s safety.

Mark: Sounds like a lot of responsibility. Do you think you’d enjoy that aspect?

Alice: Absolutely! Plus, there’s nothing quite like seeing people’s faces light up when they learn something new.

Mark: That’s a great perspective! I can see why you’re drawn to this career path.


3) Discuss the work benefits of a tour guide.