Objectives :
- Socialize with the customers
- Providing excellent Customer Service
Activities :
- Conversation starters and small talk for engaging with customers
- Identify polite phrases for providing excellent customer service
Final task :
Roleplay scenarios emphasizing good communication skills.
1) Conversation:
Waiter: Good evening! Welcome to Golden Dragon. How are you today?
Client: Hi there! I’m doing well, thank you. This is my first time here. What do you recommend?
Waiter: We’re glad to have you! Our Kung Pao Chicken is a favorite among our guests, and the Sweet and Sour Pork is also quite popular. If you enjoy spicy food, the Mapo Tofu is excellent.
Client: Those all sound delicious! I think I’ll try the Kung Pao Chicken. Can I get that with extra peanuts?
Waiter: Absolutely! Would you like any appetizers while you wait? Our spring rolls and dumplings are very popular.
Client: Yes, please! I’ll have an order of spring rolls.
Waiter: Great choice! And to drink? We have a selection of teas and soft drinks.
Client: I’ll just have a jasmine tea, please.
Waiter: Perfect! I’ll get that order in for you right away. If you need anything else, just let me know!
Client: Thank you so much!
2) Key Words for Customer Service at a Restaurant
Hospitality
- “Our staff is dedicated to providing exceptional hospitality, ensuring that every guest feels welcomed and valued from the moment they enter the restaurant.”
Communication
- “Effective communication is key; our servers are trained to listen attentively to customer requests and provide clear information about menu items.”
Responsiveness
- “We pride ourselves on our responsiveness; if a customer has a concern, we address it promptly to ensure their dining experience remains enjoyable.”
Empathy
- “Our team practices empathy by understanding and acknowledging the feelings of our guests, especially when they have dietary restrictions or special requests.”
Professionalism
- “Maintaining professionalism in all interactions helps us build trust with our customers, making them more likely to return for future visits.”
Feedback
- “We actively seek feedback from our patrons through comment cards and online surveys to continuously improve our service quality.”
Consistency
- “Consistency in service delivery is crucial; we strive to provide the same high level of service regardless of the time of day or day of the week.”
Satisfaction
- “Customer satisfaction is our top priority; we go above and beyond to ensure that every guest leaves happy and satisfied with their meal and service.”